The undergraduate program in hospitality and tourism management prepares in-demand graduates for exciting management positions in the global hospitality and tourism industry. Students obtain hands-on experience through internships, field studies, experienced faculty, and frequent interaction with industry experts. In addition to gaining a broad business education, HTM specialized courses are available in event management, hospitality finance, catering and restaurant management, tourism destination management, franchising, revenue management, international business, data analytics and security, and lodging operations. Students develop a variety of skills, including market analysis, real-time decision making, leadership, and communication. Opportunities exist to double major with other business majors as well as real estate.

Students with undergraduate degrees in HTM find a wide variety of positions open to them. The following are just a few examples:

  • Hotel Real Estate and Finance Analyst
  • Hospitality or Tourism Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Event and Experience Designer and Producer
  • Hotel Operations Manager
  • High-end Restaurant Owner/Manager
  • Cruise Industry Executive
  • Hospitality Data Analytics Specialist
  • Meeting and Convention Sales
  • Tourism Attraction Entrepreneur

Core courses, electives, and Field Study are all important components of the HTM degree. We also offer exciting opportunities for Study Abroad, Double majoring with other Pamplin Degrees, or a Double major with Real Estate. The Double major options are especially attractive to our industry partners and can typically be completed within the 4 year timeframe or with an additional semester. Our courses, hands-on approach, and other educational opportunities will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful Hospitality and Tourism professional.

For further information regarding program requirements, including checksheets and applying for double majors, go to the Pamplin College of Business Undergraduate program.

  • 1414 – Introduction to Hotel, Restaurant, and Instititution Management
  • 2434 – Hospitality Sales
  • 2454 – Travel & Tourism Management
  • 2464 – Introduction to Service
  • 2474 – Introduction to Meetings and Convention Management
  • 2514 – Catering Management
  • 2954 – Hospitality and Tourism Study Abroad
  • 2964 - Field Study
  • 2974 - Indepenent Study
  • 2984 - Special Study
  • 3044 – Private Club Management
  • 3114 – Special Topics in Hospitality and Tourism Studies
  • 3244 – Franchising for the Service Industries
  • 3414 – Purchasing, Production, and Management
  • 3444 – Financial Management and Cost Control for Hospitality Organizations
  • 3454 - Tourism Analysis
  • 3484 – Socio-Cultural Impacts of Tourism
  • 3524 – Lodging Management
  • 3464 – Hospitality & Tourism Research Methods I
  • 3954 – Study Abroad
  • 4354 – Information Technology and Social Media in Hospitality & Tourism
  • 4414 – Food and Beverage Management
  • 4424 – Events Management
  • 4444 – Winery Tourism
  • 4454 – Hospitality Revenue Management
  • 4464 – Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Industry
  • 4484 – International Tourism
  • 4964 – Field Study in HTM
  • 4974 – Independent Study
  • 4994 – Undergraduate Research

Additional information and course descriptions can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog.

Without exception, our industry partners agree that the HTM Field Study Program is a key piece of what sets our students apart! The goal of the HTM Field Study Program is to develop student hospitality management knowledge and capabilities through an approved, supervised professional experience. Field Studies allow students the opportunity to learn from industry professionals, to observe real time management practices, and to implement the concepts and methodologies learned through their other coursework.

HTM 4964 is designed to gain supervisory experience or placement in management training positions; this course requires a series of assignments plus 400 hours of supervised work experience. These positions may be rotational or concentrated in one area; paid or unpaid.

HTM 4964 Requirements

  1. Students must complete a series of assignments and 400 hours of supervised industry experience and management training (see HTM 4964 Positions Requirements document).
  2. Course prerequisites include:
    1. 300 hours of verified HTM industry professional experience, post high school.
    2. Completed two of the following classes: HTM 3414, HTM 3444, HTM 3524
    3. Minimum Virginia Tech GPA of 2.0
  3. To enroll in the class, students must first download and complete (below) "Form #1 - HTM 4964 Field Study Agreement" and "Form #2 - Employment Verification Form", get your supervisor’s signature, and turn in for approval by the HTM field study coordinator.
  4. Students frequently take more than one semester to complete their field study.  Two very important points: (1) Students only register for the class once – essentially, they will receive an incomplete grade in the class which is changed once the assignments are completed. (2) The specific assignments and requirements of the field study program can vary from one semester to the next.
Form #1 - HTM 4964 Field Study Agreement.pdf
Form #2 - Employment Verification Form.pdf

A global view is essential for anyone interested in a career in the hospitality and tourism industry. Our industry recruiters overwhelmingly recommend that students participate in a study abroad experience. The opportunity to gain an understanding of how to maneuver through diverse cultural experiences, gain a broad understanding of the business world, and become a global citizen is invaluable. We offer two HTM programs: Winter Session in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and a semester abroad in Spain. Students can choose to participate in our programs, take advantage of other Pamplin programs, or explore all that study abroad Virginia Tech has to offer!

Club Managers Association of America (CMAA)

The Virginia Tech chapter of CMAA is a student affiliate of a worldwide professional organization that represents the club management profession. Through membership, students gain a better understanding of the private-club management industry and its many career opportunities. Chapter activities include monthly meetings, club site visits, socials, and fundraising events. The chapter raises money to send students to the annual conference that generally draws 4,000 club professionals and 500 students.

Eta Sigma Delta – International Hospitality Management Honor Society (ESD)

The hospitality education’s honor society invites eligible students to become members in their junior year. The society undertakes service projects and promotes academic excellence in hospitality education.


Hospitality Management Association (HMA)

This organization gives students practical experience and leadership opportunities in catering, food presentation, hotel/motel operations, sales and marketing, and professional experiences in association management. Through catering functions, members raise funds for hotel and restaurant site visits and to attend trade shows and conventions, including the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago, the National Hotel Sales and Marketing Association Convention, and the International Hotel Motel Show in New York.  Visit the Hospitality Management Association website for more information.

National Society for Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH)

NSMH is a national organization representing an array of social and cultural backgrounds with chapters at many U.S. universities. NSMH emphasizes the benefits of a diverse workforce to the hospitality industry. NSMH members travel to regional and national events that network students with company sponsors, industry representatives, and other hospitality organizations, advisors, and mentors.

If you are interested in learning more about our student organizations, please contact our office at htmdpt@vt.edu.

Due to the tremendous support of our alumni, industry partners, and other friends of the program, HTM is able to distribute over $50,000.00 in scholarships annually! These scholarships vary widely in terms of requirements and qualifications. Each year HTM students receive information about how to apply for the various scholarships and awards. Applications are usually submitted in February.

Click on the following to learn about additional scholarship opportunities available through the Pamplin College of Business, at the University level, and through corporations and non-profit organizations.

HTM and Real Estate have recently embarked on a joint partnership to create an HTM / Real Estate double major. This was created as a result of feedback from many of our industry partners who are interested in recruiting graduates who have skills in the areas of asset management, real estate investment, and appraisal as well as hospitality and tourism operations, finance, and revenue management. Both HTM and Real Estate are very excited about this opportunity and see great potential, particularly as both programs are oriented toward practical, real time experiences.

Sample Plan of Study

Click here to learn more about Real Estate.


Undergraduate FAQ

The following explanations and answers are provided to give you some general guidance. Please refer to the University Catalog, the Registrar’s Office, or the Pamplin Undergraduate Advising Office for specific explanation.

All Pamplin students are assigned an advisor in the Pamplin Undergraduate Programs Office, located in 1046 Pamplin Hall. The advisor’s name is available in August through Hokie SPA. You will be with your assigned advisor throughout your time in Pamplin. Advisors assist students with planning the required course work, university and college policies, procedures and core requirements, exploring opportunities, and how to research career options.

A student should come to the HTM office (WAL 362) and schedule a meeting with Mr. Rick Parsons, undergraduate coordinator, to discuss. Students can also go tohttp://www.undergrad.pamplin.vt.edu/advising/changemajor.html for instructions about changing into Pamplin from another major at VT.

The Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) is a computer generated report that shows all requirements completed and yet to be fulfilled in order for a student to complete a degree. You also can find out an overall and in-major GPA in the report.

To request a DARS report, you must first submit an Application for Degree through your Hokie SPA account. For more information about requesting a DARS report go tohttp://www.registrar.vt.edu/academic_records/dars/index.html.

An application for degree form should be completed on Hokie Spa during the first semester of your junior year. Submitting this degree application creates a Degree Audit Report System (DARS report) and sets your graduation date.  As you take courses at Tech you may find out that your graduation date will change.  Always update your graduation date on Hokie Spa.  It is imperative that you check your DARS report every semester.  Ultimately, it is the student’s responsibility to insure that graduation requirements are met.

For information on graduation, go to the registrar’s website.

If you are in your senior year and you are not cleared for graduation when you have planned, see your advisor immediately. You cannot graduate until this is cleared. Sometimes the problem arises from paperwork that hasn’t been completed–a substitution, a declaration, etc. You may need to take a course you did not realize or there may be a substitution that needs to be made.  This is your responsibility and will not clear up by itself.

This happens sometimes. Occasionally, the DARS will not reflect transfer credits or courses taken elsewhere or maybe some other basic glitch has occurred. It’s a simple matter of getting in touch with the Registrar’s Office and ironing out the problem.  Again, see your advisor.

NO, you should not take the class. Prerequisites are established so students are prepared with the knowledge base needed in order to understand and apply the new information being taught in a class. Prerequisites are generally spelled out in the course description in the undergraduate catalog and in the timetable each semester. The department and the professor that offer the course enforce the prerequisite requirement. Therefore, if in doubt about prerequisites for a course, check with the instructor teaching the course or the department offering the course. It is also a good idea to check your graduation Check Sheet.

Policy 91 is a university-wide minimum guideline to ensure that students are making satisfactory progress toward a degree. In addition to the minimum university-wide criteria, Pamplin majors upon having attempted 72 semester credits (students who entered Pamplin as freshmen), or 90 semester credits (students who transferred into Pamplin), are required to:

  1. Achieve no grade lower than a C- in Math 1525 and 1526 (or acceptable equivalents); ACIS 1504, 2115, and 2116; BIT 2405 and 2406; ECON 2005 and 2006, and
  2. Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the combination of courses previously listed.

Students that are identified as not making adequate progress towards their degrees will be notified at 60+ credits (72 + credits for transfer students) and must comply with the College’s procedures for continued enrollment within one semester. Students that do not meet the conditions set forth will be required to leave the Pamplin College of Business (not Virginia Tech). However, under special circumstances (e.g., study abroad, bringing more than 18 credits from high school, transfer students with a 3-part sequence), a student may be eligible for an alternate plan for completing Policy 91. The alternate plan will create a prescribed path for course completion until Policy 91 is satisfied. A student will need to discuss his/her eligibility for an alternate plan with his/her assigned academic advisor.

The PCOB math requirement is Math 1525-1526 OR Math 1015-1016 &2015 OR 1114-1205 & 1206 OR 2015 OR 1205-1526.  Any of these classes would work and do not need a substitution.  Any other courses would need to be approved by the Undergraduate office in the PCOB. Just because a course has a higher number does not mean it could be substituted.

All business major students must have senior standing and complete the five PCOB core courses below before enrolling in MGT 4394.

  1. Pre-requisites:
    1. BIT 3414 – Operations Management
    2. FIN 3104 -Introduction to Finance
    3. MGT 3304 – Mgt. Theory and Leadership Practice
    4. MKTG 3104 – Marketing Management
  2.  Co-requisites:
    1. FIN 3054 – Legal Environment in Business or FIN 3074 Legal, Ethical and Financing Issues for Entrepreneurs

In addition HTM students take a special section of MGT 4394 with the following pre-requisites and co-requisites.

  1. Pre-requisites:
    1. HTM 3444 – Financial Mgt. & Cost Control for Hospitality Organizations
    2. HTM 3524 – Lodging Management.

An application for enrollment is submitted to the HTM Departmental office and then approved by the Field Study Coordinator. Once the application is approved, the department will force add the student into the course. Students are required to obtain an internship/job in a hospitality or tourism setting prior to enrollment. The prerequisite for HTM 4964 are:

  1. 300 hours of documented hospitality or tourism experience since graduating from high school; and,
  2. Completion of two of the three required junior level HTM courses (HTM 3414, HTM 3524, and HTM 3444) to be eligible to take HTM 4964.

Click to download:

Students must submit all forms, the midterm report, and final report on or before specified deadlines and keep a copy of all forms and papers. If documents are lost for any reason, it is the student’s responsibility to produce another copy.

Course substitutions are allowed for some required courses if the advisor, and the Department Head, and Academic Dean feel that the substituted course provides comparable information to the required course.  You may obtain course substitution forms from Support Staff in the Pamplin Undergraduate office.  You are to complete the form with your requested substitution and return it to your advisor.  If approved by the advisor, the request will be given to the Department Head and then sent to the Academic Dean in the Pamplin College of Business.  If approved at each level, it is sent to the University Registrar’s Office where it is recorded on your academic record.

These are found in the Core Curriculum Guide on the Provost website.

An undergraduate must take at least 12 hours to be considered a full-time student.  A student may take up to 19 hours without special permission.  If a student wishes to take more than 19 hours, then s/he must seek approval from the Associate Dean.

From time to time a new HTM course is added to the HTM curriculum.   Therefore, a course might be approved after a specific check sheet comes out. So, any time you see an HTM course that is not listed on your check sheet, check with your advisor to determine if it could be substituted for an HTM elective.  Always check with your advisor and make sure a substitution form is filed and approved.

This course can be used as an HTM elective and fulfill Area 7 at the same time (you still need 125 hours to graduate and taking this course would only count as three credits). Students are required to take twelve (12) hours of HTM electives, but beware that six (6) of these hours must be at the 3000 or above level.

Yes, any area 7 course can be used.

No. This course can be used as an HTM elective or fulfill three credits of the social science requirement, not both.  Students are required to take twelve (12) hours of HTM electives, but beware that six (6) of these hours must be at the 3000 or above level.

The requirement consists of two courses (3 credits each) in the area of scientific reasoning.  The courses do not need to be from the same department.  For example you can take a 3 credit course in geology and a 3 credit course in biology.  There is currently no lab requirement.

This should not be necessary. However, if it is not showing up on your DARS correctly, see your advisor as soon as possible.

The departmental policy is that a study abroad course that is taken in the PCOB can be substituted for an HTM elective.  However, remember you must see your advisor and make a course substitution.

No, force-adds are only done at the department level in HTM.

No, force-adds are only done at the department level in HTM.

Students planning to take courses at ANY other school must complete the "Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere" form (below).  A description of the course must be provided with the form for any school other than Virginia Community Colleges.  Forms are available in Pamplin 1046 or at http://pamplin.vt.edu/.  Once the course is completed with a grade of C or better, the student must have an official transcript sent from the registrar at the school they are attending to VT Registrar.  A student may not receive credit for course work taken at another college or university during any period in which the student has been placed on suspension by Virginia Tech for academic or disciplinary reasons.

Authorization to Take Courses Elsewhere - Form.pdf

No more than 50 percent of the credits required for graduation may be transferred from two-year colleges.  Of the last 45 semester hours before graduation, a maximum of 18 semester hours may be transfer hours.

Transfer hours cannot be used as GPA builders.   Only the credit hours will transfer – not the grades.

Students must meet all the specific requirements for each degree program. A double major applies to students already in Pamplin (ACIS, BIT, FIN, HTM, MGT, and MKTG).  It will generally require about 21 additional credits, which may be considered free electives in your other major.  Students who complete a double major do not receive an additional diploma.  The double major will be recognized on the student’s transcript. All the requirements must be met the semester the student plans to graduate.

A dual degree is just what it says.  You actually receive two degrees.  However, it requires a minimum of 30 hours beyond one of the degrees. You may actually graduate with one degree one semester, finish up the requirements for your second degree and receive that degree when you are done.

No, there is no HTM minor – there is the Business Leadership Minor. The Business Leadership Minor is not a replacement for the HTM degree. There is a minor in Business for students enrolled in a non-Business major – check in the Undergraduate Advising Office for an application and check sheet.

For most minors, the required courses are listed in the catalog, though for some you would need to consult with the department in question.  An advisor in the department you would receive the minor is the best person to speak with as well as your Pamplin Academic Advisor.

No, they do not appear on the diploma. The transcript will indicate the student has completed the minor and/or concentration. Not all options are approved to print on the transcript.

The P/F grading option is available to all undergraduates who have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours at Virginia Tech and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.  A student is permitted to take up to 10 percent of the requirements for graduation completed at Virginia Tech under this grading system option.  No required course or course used for the university core curriculum may be taken on a P/F basis.

The only time an HTM student can take an HTM course P/F is if it is not required on the Checksheet.  In other words this course is above and beyond their HTM approved courses and is only being used as a free elective.  As a matter of course it is just better to take all of your major courses for the grade option.

An audit occurs when you attend the class but you do not receive a grade for the class. It has no effect on your GPA. A student may enroll as an auditor in any class other than laboratory classes, with the permission of both their academic advisor and the class instructor. The last day to change a course to audit is the last day to add classes.

Check with your advisor or college dean before auditing a course. Once a student audits a course, it may not be taken again for a letter grade. Required courses on the check sheet cannot be audited.

Students may repeat a course given the following consequences: If a course in which a grade of C- or below is earned is repeated: grades for both attempts will be calculated in your GPA, but the semester hours for only one attempt will count toward graduation.  If  you earned a  C or above  and repeated the course: you will receive only a grade of pass or fail when you repeat it, and the credit hours for the repeated course will not count toward graduation.

A “D-” is considered a passing grade unless it has been otherwise specified for that particular class you need a higher grade to pass.  However, the student needs a 2.0 in-major – therefore, the course may be retaken if you want to improve your overall and in-major GPA.

Make an appointment to see your academic dean to discuss the possibility of using the Withdrawal Policy. This policy is available for both entering and continuing students.  A maximum of three (3) courses, regardless of the number of credit hours, may be dropped beyond the normal six-week drop deadline date during a student’s academic career at Virginia Tech subject to the following stipulations:

  1. Students must complete the formal request to late drop a course and that request must be made by 5:00 p.m. on the last day of classes for the term in which the class is being taken.
  2. Courses from which a student withdraws under the terms of this policy will appear on their transcript with a W.
  3. Students may request withdrawal from any course irrespective of the grades earned in it up to the point of their request for withdrawal.
  4. To exercise this option, interested students should see their academic advisor to obtain a Course Withdrawal Form and thereafter submit it to their designated departmental representative and academic dean for approval.

Degrees are conferred upon candidates who are present in person to receive them at the Commencement ceremony in May.  Degrees may be conferred in absentia if candidates cannot be present at Commencement for good reason.  To arrange for this, a candidate must request permission, in writing, from the University Registrar to be excused from the Commencement ceremony.

No, ceremonies are conducted at the end of the summer sessions, but graduates may attend the fall ceremony after completion of degree requirements.  They may also request permission from the department to “walk through” the spring Commencement ceremony.  To participate in the May ceremony, summer graduates must meet the following criteria:

  1. Be within 12 hours of completion,
  2. Have an overall and in-major GPA of 2.0, and
  3. Be completing in the degree requirements in the summer.  A form to walk is available in the HTM department

No, diplomas are not distributed at the fall Commencement ceremony. Diplomas for fall are generally mailed out approximately 12 weeks following the end of the term.

Your diploma can be mailed or picked up.  If you want it to be mailed, you must provide a mailing address for your diploma on your Application for Degree (Hokie SPA). You also can pick up your diploma Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Office of the University Registrar located in 250 Student Services Building. You will need to provide a picture ID.

This date, which changes from year to year, is on the web in the spring timetable information and deadlines (www.registrar.vt.edu).

Term Deadline Dates:

  • Fall January 31st
  • Spring June 30th
  • Summer Terms The same day of the following month that the session ends (Ex. Summer II, 2005 ended August 13, 2005, the deadline to complete requirements would have been September 13, 2005).

This includes having transcripts received, grades changed and substitutions processed. All course enrollments and attendance obligations must have been completed on or before the degree conferral date. See the University Registrar website.

A student who has completed at least 60 credit hours at Virginia Tech may be graduated with distinction under the following conditions:

  • Cumulative GPA of 3.8 or greater – Summa Cum Laude
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.6-3.7999 – Magna Cum Laude
  • Cumulative GPA of 3.4-3.5999 – Cum Laude

Academic levels for undergraduate students are as follows:

  • Freshman: 0-29 hours completed
  • Sophomore: 30-59 hours
  • Junior: 60-89 hours
  • Senior: 90+ hours

First and foremost, talk to your instructor. If the problem is not resolved, go to the instructor’s department head. You are also encouraged to speak to your academic advisor on ways to approach your instructor.

The first two resources are your instructor/professor and your academic advisor. Other resources include: The Student Success Center, and the Cook Counseling Center.

The first two resources are your instructor/professor and your academic advisor. Other resources include:

Access the University Honor System web site (www.honorsystem.vt.edu) and identify what you need to do as a student to uphold the Honor Code at Virginia Tech.

Contact your academic advisor, the Dean of your college and/or the Cook Counseling Center (www.ucc.vt.edu).

Contact your academic advisor.

Services for Students with Disabilities (www.ssd.vt.edu) can assist you with your academic needs.

A student’s academic eligibility is based on his/her hours attempted and hours transferred, not on hours passed. Probation is a period when your cumulative GPA is below 2.0. Virginia Tech requires that all students maintain a 2.0 GPA to remain in good standing. Academic probation is imposed when the cumulative GPA is less than 2.00 and performance will be reviewed at the end of each fall and spring semester.  If a student on probation obtains a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better by the end of the probationary semester, the student’s status will change to academic good standing. If a student has at least a 2.5 in the probation semester, but below a 2.00 overall, the student will continue on probation.

If the student’s semester GPA is below a 2.50 for the probation semester and overall GPA is below a 2.00, the student will be placed on academic suspension. Academic suspension is a period of time during which a student is not eligible to be enrolled in classes at VA Tech due to academic deficiencies. Classes taken at community colleges or other colleges and universities while on suspension can never be transferred back to Tech.  First academic suspension will be imposed for one academic semester (either fall or spring).

A student must either earn a minimum 2.00 semester GPA the first semester following first suspension and raise his/her cumulative  GPA to at least 2.00 by the end of the second semester after returning, or earn a 2.50 GPA or higher for every semester following first suspension until the cumulative GPA is 2.00 or greater.

If a student fails to meet the returning performance outlined above, a second academic suspension will be imposed. The second academic suspension shall consist of one calendar year following its imposition. Upon return from second academic suspension, students must meet the same minimum standards for performance as required by first suspension.

Permanent academic suspension shall be imposed subsequent to second academic suspension when a student fails to meet the returning academic performance requirements.

Seniors with a 3.0 or better GPA may enroll in 5000-level courses for undergraduate credit within their department when qualified by the course instructor and the department head.  Taking 5000-level courses outside the department requires Graduate School approval.   Should the student become a graduate student, these courses may not be used for graduate credit.

A request to add a class after the last day to add classes must be submitted directly to the Academic Advisor’s Office (1046 Pamplin) for approval by the Associate Dean.

The College of Business uses the following procedure concerning requests to drop.  First, a student should go to the Academic Advisor’s office (1046 Pamplin) and request a form to drop a class beyond the deadline.  The student should then complete the form and report to the department head or designated representative to discuss the matter.  The department head will then approve or deny the request.  If the request is approved, the student must then take the form for approval by Associate Dean Candice Clemenz.  If the request is denied by the department head, there is no need to see Associate Dean Candice Clemenz.

If there are extenuating circumstances beyond a student’s realm of control (such as documented financial problems, domestic problems, health problems, etc.) a request may be favorably reviewed.  Each case, of course, is judged on its own merits and a decision is made accordingly.  Note:  Doing poorly in a class, lack of interest, or dropping a course because it is not required is not acceptable requests in and of themselves.

If you have more than 3 final exams in a 24-hour period, or two final exams at the same or overlapping times, you may request permission from your academic dean’s office to have an exam rescheduled. From beginning exam time one day to the same time the next day does not constitute a 24-hour period (EX. 7:45 Monday, 2:00 Monday, and 7:45 Tuesday). If one of your instructors has another section of the same course, ask if you may reschedule your exam and take it with that section. If the instructor agrees, obtain his or her signature in the appropriate space. If no instructor has a section with which you may take the exam, check with the instructors to see which of them is willing to give you a special exam and have that instructor indicate approval. If you cannot find an instructor who will approve a change, you should do it with the academic dean’s office of the college. Each college has a form in the academic dean’s office which a student must complete by the published deadline each semester (refer to the semester calendars in the class timetables for deadlines) to request a final exam be rescheduled. Exams are not typically rescheduled for reasons other than those stated above. Note:  The professor must offer the exam during the regularly scheduled time, unless the professor has the Associate Dean’s permission.


Schedule a Campus Visit

To schedule a campus visit, please contact our office at (540) 231-5515 or send us an email htmdpt@vt.edu.

Other Relevant Links